Page 1 of 1

Talk about "Fun"

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:45 pm
by KD8DEY
try untangling over 130 feet of Flexweave....
Went to divide it out to cut into 2 equal pieces, and accidentally got the pretty factory coil tangled into a messy wad....
Took a bit of work, but I finally got it untangled, and divided. all I have to do now is attach the balun.
The RG-8x finally arrived....

Re: Talk about "Fun"

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:31 pm
by WZ7U
Far out Bubba!! I can't wait almost as much as you!

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:25 am
by KD8DEY
Something that would have been pretty simple for 2 people, can really turn into a PITA for just 1 person doing it. try stretching out over 130 feet of wire inside a 70ish foot trailer.
Damn it's cold outside.

After untangling the mess, I was able to loop the wire around the back of a kitchen chair placed at one end of the trailer. I had already attached insulators to the ends of the wire. I was then able to use the ends as a reference (Taped together) to slowly play out equal lengths. taping the pair together at intervals to keep them "uniform. Finally got to the end, and cut the whole thing apart into 2 equal sections.....

Looking at the end connectors supplied with the Balun, The wire is not going to fit inside the holes. will either need to use a different pair to attach the wire, or "Improvise"... They would probably work FB for copper clad steel though...

I have some brass ones somewhere that might work, but I dunno if they might cause a problem with the steel screws...

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:29 am
by KD8DEY
WZ7U wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:31 pm Far out Bubba!! I can't wait almost as much as you!
Cornfield net??!!
Lol

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:51 pm
by WZ7U
We both gotta work on getting our antennas up, up, up, up

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:10 pm
by KD8DEY
I'm having trouble getting it up at the moment..

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:22 pm
by WZ7U
Blue pill, blue pill!

Only if your heart is strong enough... what a way to go!