Which type of ham antennas are you currently using and/or planning on putting up?

Forums discussing Antennas And Towers, Including Homebrew Antennas
United States of America W9FTV
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Which type of ham antennas are you currently using and/or planning on putting up?

Post by W9FTV »

Oh sure, blame literacy :Innocent:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. --Winston Churchill
Endeavor to persevere -- Chief Dan George
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Which type of ham antennas are you currently using and/or planning on putting up?

Post by W9FTV »

What really burns me is that the staff after chastising me, had the gall to say that horse excrement was a better fertilizer for antenna farms than excrement of the bovine persuasion!
I mean, who does that? Really!? :o
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. --Winston Churchill
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

You know what happens when you comment on the moderation... :P
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

WZ7U wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:38 pm You know what happens when you comment on the moderation... :P
Dunno? Whut?
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by W9FTV »

I 'spose I'm about to find out :LOL:
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

W9FTV wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:50 pm I 'spose I'm about to find out :LOL:
Lol...Made a nice test of the forums functions didn't it... :grin:
I have not yet modified the default terms of service.
There is no word filter currently in place. Hopefully that won't be necessary for a while.......
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by W9FTV »

I have been accused of many things. Having built in filters isn't one. Should be fun! :Eyes_On_Fire:
w5wn
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Post by w5wn »

I use a 285 ft. horizontal loop for 80 - 6 meters. I also have a 5/8 mag mount whip for 2 meters on the top of my chimney (it's covered with steel flashing and makes a good ground plane) about 35 ft. up. I have a rotatable homebrew 6 meter Moxon beam and a 2 meter / 440 mhz yagi mounted in the attic. I live in a 2 story house so it works reasonable well. It's effectively about 30 feet high. I operate very little vhf / uhf anymore but have all mode capability there.
w5wn
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Post by w5wn »

WZ7U wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:38 pm You know what happens when you comment on the moderation... :P
What moderation model is being used?
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

w5wn wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:32 pm
What moderation model is being used?
Not really any models around here yet, I'm not all that attractive, I prefer Blondes though if you want to send one my way...Oh you meant the Board :Angry:

Basically,
1 use common sense.
2 Have Fun..
3 Be Civil, ( Discussion is fine, No Personal attacks)
4 If there are any doubts, see rule #1

I have been on Boards that, start to take on a fun atmosphere, Things start to go a little too far with the personal attacks, The Ban Hammer Falls Heavily, and the rest are left afraid to post for several days.

Then again there are Boards that allow personal attacks as long as they conform to the Administrations Beliefs / Personal agenda. Have had plenty of people Register, But never come back after being gang raped repeatedly by the board elitists. Then the few people that do come back on a regular basis (The loyal Attack Dogs that remain) wonder why they are the only ones there, And the Board is all but dead....

We'll Play it by ear, and see where it leads us.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Antennas and Tower Talk”