Which type of ham antennas are you currently using and/or planning on putting up?

Forums discussing Antennas And Towers, Including Homebrew Antennas
w5wn
Curious
Curious
Reactions:

Re: Which type of ham antennas are you currently using and/or planning on putting up?

Post by w5wn »

You're starting out with a pretty good group of founding members. Interestingly, the most controversial forum in the zed, behind the paywall, requires little moderator intervention. Let's hope we're off to a good start here.
United States of America KD8DEY
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Which type of ham antennas are you currently using and/or planning on putting up?

Post by KD8DEY »

w5wn wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:49 pm You're starting out with a pretty good group of founding members. Interestingly, the most controversial forum in the zed, behind the paywall, requires little moderator intervention. Let's hope we're off to a good start here.
The Ancient Greeks had a saying
"All things in Moderation"......
Ymmv
Is it just me, or does "Googling Yourself" just not sound right?..
United States of America W9FTV
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by W9FTV »

Bubbathegimp wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:56 pm
W9FTV wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:50 pm I 'spose I'm about to find out :LOL:
Lol...Made a nice test of the forums functions didn't it... :grin:
I have not yet modified the default terms of service.
There is no word filter currently in place. Hopefully that won't benecessary for a while.......
I'll do my best to be good! :Brzzzzz:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. --Winston Churchill
Endeavor to persevere -- Chief Dan George
United States of America WZ7U
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

It's nice to see thread drift is alive and well.

Bubba, have you given any thought to putting the antenna 'bucket' on top of the trailer? Unless of course it's not yours to do that with. It occurred to me that you could get a little more height that way and maybe use the roof as a reflector. Food for thought and of course, YMMV.

What about standing a 20' pipe up against the trailer with appropriate mounts? I've done something like that on houses against eaves before and I'm doing it right now with my 40m vertical. Never had a problem and it gets windy as [redacted] around here being 35 miles from the Pacific ocean. I put a rebar pin in the ground for the pipe base to hang on to and my vee block mount at the highest point I can muster. If I can load a picture up here I could show you exactly what I'm doing and you could maybe modify the idea for your place. I suppose I could post a pic on teh zed too; your call man. Just noodling ideas here. What do you think?
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

Not my trailer...The landlord doesn't want me to attach anything to it...
gotta keep it within my portion of the yard out of the way of mowing...
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

I was afraid of that.....
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by KD8DEY »

When I first checked out the trailer, she did say I could have an antenna..I just dont think she understood that it wasn't a CB antenna I was talking about, and she mentioned attaching it to the utility pole...( not the same trailer I ended up renting, Stepdaughter has that one..) :Nosepick:
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

Since I'm too stupid to post pictures, let me post a link instead to custom made thread just to put these pics on the web.

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thread ... es.631311/
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Reactions:

Post by WZ7U »

Wham balam! Lookie dat!!
de Eric, WZ7U, CN86jc
Juan Largo
Test Dummy
Test Dummy
Reactions:

Post by Juan Largo »

I have been using an inverted V fed with ladder line for 40 through 10. I also have a dipole for 17 meters that does duty as 3 half waves on 6 meters, and a diamond X-200A for 2 meters and 70 CM. Getting ready to remove a couple of them before we move this spring.
Don’t Dream It. Drive It.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Antennas and Tower Talk”